December 9, 2008
Thanks for your patience today throughout the scheduled downtime while we updated our site to version Beta 2.0. There are loads of new features and some of them require some tweaking in a live environment.
We’re pleased to confirm that the following are now all deployed:
- design refresh which will improve usability and look prettier
- OpenID using Clickpass Connect so that you can sign in using existing logins from other applications
- revised left column with expanding lists including 5 latest missions, this month’s top missioners, 5 latest blog posts, top 5 crazy missions, current popular categories and (chat) groups you might like
- ability to rate missions
- browse through newbie missioners using CoolIris – see their avatar images and click through to their profile page
- RSS feed so you can track responses to individual missions real time (depending on your browser you should see it in the browser’s address bar)
The snagging list as it stands looks something like this:
- some cross-browser layout bugs
- highly sophisticated chat functionality is not yet fully deployed
- some issues with the “is online now” icon
Please email us at email@example.com if you find anything else.
Thanks again for your patience
UPDATE 7.45 10th Decemeber
Some IE users have noticed a continual page refresh, which hampers their use of the site. We’ve tracked down where the problem is, and applied a temporary patch. However, it will affect whether or not you can “pop-out ” the chat window. Hopefully, we’ll be able to fix it before the end of the day.
December 8, 2008
From about 9.30 am (GMT) there will be an hour or so downtime. We’re moving to a major new release of the site which will expand the user experience, and also hopefully make the whole thing move a bit faster as well!
Bear with us while we upgrade, and please report any issues direct to us.
December 2, 2008
We’re very pleased to announce the launch of the official mymission2 Beat The Credit Crunch Calendar 2009 which will be sold online from the UK and the USA (but can be delivered anywhere in the world).
While homelessness is growing around the world, charities are feeling the squeeze of the global credit crunch. Here at Mission Control we are offering a helping hand to homelessness charities with the launch of this exclusive calendar.
And that’s not all! Because we are celebrating reaching 100,000 members this week we also pledge to donate:
- a further £50,000 to Shelter when we sell 50,000 calendars in the UK, making a total UK donation of £100,000
- a further $25,000 to The National Alliance To End Homelessness when we sell 50,000 calendars in the US, making a total US donation of $100,000
The calendar highlights the fact that you can look fabulous even when you are on a budget and help charity at the same time. We all need to tighten our belts in the current economic climate and looking chic on the cheap is a good way to start. The models featured in the calendar are ordinary people who are keen to offer advice – serious or otherwise – on how to cope, have fun and look great on little or no cash. Professional stylists dressed the models from top-to-toe using clothing and accessories from charity and vintage shops.
Our sincere thanks go to:
- the models – Mohamed, Kristina, Luke, Javor, Justyna, Brian, Jacqui, Kalli, Matt, Lauren, Chris and Amy
- the stylists – Andrew Clancey @ Clanger Style plus Chloe Richardson, Seren Gibson, Russell Phillip Peek, Charlotte Wood and Liz Albone
- the photographer – Nicole @ BlueDrop Photography
- the suppliers – Traid, Oxfam, Rokit and Paper Dress Vintage
- The National Alliance To End Homelessness
View a short “behind the scenes” documentary about the making of the calendar, which includes interviews with the stylists and models.
The calendar is a fantastic and unique gift for Christmas.
November 27, 2008
One of our top missioners, Laura, has promised to wear a mymission2 T-shirt for a whole week and visit landmarks in her local area including Wembley Stadium! Laura’s idea is intended to raise awareness about mymission2 and highlight the positive work we do here.
Chris, Laura & Halliday
Her challenge doesn’t end there though. If she is successful in her current challenge, the busy bee has already planned for challenge no.2 – to throw a mymission2 party in her local town!
Watch this space …
November 26, 2008
Many congratulations to Tracy who won the mymission2 grant in October.
Publicity Activist Halliday and Mission Controller Chris paid Tracy and her friend Laura a visit to hand over a Dell PC with monitor.
Chris, Laura, Tracy & Halliday
September 10, 2008
Following on from the success of the Battle of the Bands that we hosted in July, mymission2:unplugged will be held on Wednesday September 17th in London. Click here for more info and to check out the acts.
The venue is the fabulous Ramshackle in Fulham; its new owners are restoring it to its former glory when bands such as Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin and the Sex Pistols played there!
We’ve got some great sponsorship from Shure, Studiospares, The Premises Studios, and Acoustic Magazine which means there are some fab prizes for the acoustic acts to win.
The audience will decide who wins! At the end we’ll ask the audience to cheer for each act … so we need you to come and support the performer you know or just cheer for the act you like the best.
Tickets are £5 in advance (you can buy them online here) or £6 on the door.
It’s sure to be a great night and we look forward to seeing you there.