December 9, 2008
Thanks for your patience today throughout the scheduled downtime while we updated our site to version Beta 2.0. There are loads of new features and some of them require some tweaking in a live environment.
We’re pleased to confirm that the following are now all deployed:
- design refresh which will improve usability and look prettier
- OpenID using Clickpass Connect so that you can sign in using existing logins from other applications
- revised left column with expanding lists including 5 latest missions, this month’s top missioners, 5 latest blog posts, top 5 crazy missions, current popular categories and (chat) groups you might like
- ability to rate missions
- browse through newbie missioners using CoolIris – see their avatar images and click through to their profile page
- RSS feed so you can track responses to individual missions real time (depending on your browser you should see it in the browser’s address bar)
The snagging list as it stands looks something like this:
- some cross-browser layout bugs
- highly sophisticated chat functionality is not yet fully deployed
- some issues with the “is online now” icon
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you find anything else.
Thanks again for your patience
UPDATE 7.45 10th Decemeber
Some IE users have noticed a continual page refresh, which hampers their use of the site. We’ve tracked down where the problem is, and applied a temporary patch. However, it will affect whether or not you can “pop-out ” the chat window. Hopefully, we’ll be able to fix it before the end of the day.
December 8, 2008
From about 9.30 am (GMT) there will be an hour or so downtime. We’re moving to a major new release of the site which will expand the user experience, and also hopefully make the whole thing move a bit faster as well!
Bear with us while we upgrade, and please report any issues direct to us.
August 8, 2008
You may see the site bouncing up and down a bit this morning – we’re performing a major database upgrade, and so you may see a little downtime.
July 30, 2008
We’ve just put a new release up at mymisson2.com, which on the one hand adds lots of fun new functions, and on the other hand fixes a few bugs that crept in to the last release!
With over 50,000 missioners, we had to have a good hard look at the back-end architecture of the product to see how far it would take us. Well, our friends over at Spika have done a terrific job, and we’re well on track to keep growing the system with the same architecture, with a few tweaks, for some time.
Not having to worry about that has allowed us to bring a few things forward that we have been wanting to do for some time. You will now see that every category, and ever mission, has its own chat room. At the moment, you can only access that on the site itself, but soon you’ll be able to access it from anywhere. We’ve also added social bookmarking functionality, and changed our Facebook integration to bring us in line with the new platform.
The point system has had an overhaul as well, so that you only get points if you have filled out your profile. That said, you can now respond and start missions without the need to input a full profile, so it’s six of one and half a dozen of the other. Of course, if you register, you could win Amazon vouchers! We’re also giving away more points for responding to other people’s missions.
We’re always open to suggestions, so keep them coming through to control at mymission2.com