We’re very pleased to announce the launch of the official mymission2 Beat The Credit Crunch Calendar 2009 which will be sold online from the UK and the USA (but can be delivered anywhere in the world).
While homelessness is growing around the world, charities are feeling the squeeze of the global credit crunch. Here at Mission Control we are offering a helping hand to homelessness charities with the launch of this exclusive calendar.
- £1 from every calendar purchased via the UK will be donated to Shelter
- $1.50 from every calendar purchased via the USA will be donated to The National Alliance To End Homelessness
And that’s not all! Because we are celebrating reaching 100,000 members this week we also pledge to donate:
- a further £50,000 to Shelter when we sell 50,000 calendars in the UK, making a total UK donation of £100,000
- a further $25,000 to The National Alliance To End Homelessness when we sell 50,000 calendars in the US, making a total US donation of $100,000
The calendar highlights the fact that you can look fabulous even when you are on a budget and help charity at the same time. We all need to tighten our belts in the current economic climate and looking chic on the cheap is a good way to start. The models featured in the calendar are ordinary people who are keen to offer advice – serious or otherwise – on how to cope, have fun and look great on little or no cash. Professional stylists dressed the models from top-to-toe using clothing and accessories from charity and vintage shops.
Our sincere thanks go to:
- the models – Mohamed, Kristina, Luke, Javor, Justyna, Brian, Jacqui, Kalli, Matt, Lauren, Chris and Amy
- the stylists – Andrew Clancey @ Clanger Style plus Chloe Richardson, Seren Gibson, Russell Phillip Peek, Charlotte Wood and Liz Albone
- the photographer – Nicole @ BlueDrop Photography
- the suppliers – Traid, Oxfam, Rokit and Paper Dress Vintage
- The National Alliance To End Homelessness
View a short “behind the scenes” documentary about the making of the calendar, which includes interviews with the stylists and models.
The calendar is a fantastic and unique gift for Christmas.